What We Believe
Principles We Believe and Preach
Lex praedicari lex credendi… “As the church preaches, so believes”
• We Believe In God—There is one and only one living and true God. He is the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the universe. God is perfect. God is all powerful. God is all knowing. He knows about all things in the past, present, and future. The never-ending God shows Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
• We Believe In Jesus Christ—He was brought into being by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. Jesus completely showed and did the will of God. He became a human being with all the stress and needs of human beings. He identified completely with humans. Even though He was human, He had no sin. When He died for others on the cross, He made a way for the salvation of men from sin. He was raised from the dead with a glorified body. He went up into heaven. He will return in power and majesty to judge the world.
• We Believe In The Holy Spirit—The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is completely divine. He influenced holy men of Bible times to write the Scriptures. He is the source of rebirth. At the moment of rebirth, He takes every believer into the Body of Christ. He grows believers into mature Christians. He comforts believers. He gives the spiritual gifts to believers.
• We Believe In The Church—1. A group of believers share in the same faith and fellowship of the gospel. They use the gifts, rights, and privileges given to them in God’s Word. They are trying to present the gospel to all people on the earth. 2.The New Testament describes the Church as the Body of Christ. This Church includes all of the believers from throughout history. These believers come from every people group. They come from every language group. They come from all people from every country.
• We Believe In The Scripture—The Holy Bible was written by men who were divinely influenced. God is the author. The Holy Bible is God’s explaining Himself to man. It is a perfect treasure of divine teaching. Salvation is its purpose. All Scripture is completely true. All Scripture is completely correct. It is with this that all human behavior, all statements of belief, and all religious opinions should be tested.
• We Believe In Humanity—Man is the special creation of God. Man is made in God’s likeness. God created them as male and female. They are the greatest work of His creation. Man brought sin into all people in the entire world. Through the temptation of Satan, man disobeyed the command of God. Only the kindness of God can let man complete the creative purpose of God. The godliness of all people is obvious, because God made man in His own likeness. The godliness of all people is obvious, because Christ died for all men.
• We Believe In Salvation—Salvation includes the whole man. Salvation is given to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. Jesus Christ by His own blood brought never-ending salvation to the believer. Salvation includes being accepted just as you are when you turn from your sin. Salvation includes being set apart for His work. Salvation includes being made to worship God. There is no salvation without personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.
• We Believe In Justification—Justification is God’s kind and complete pardon from sin of all sinners because of His righteousness. All sinners must turn from their sin and turn to God. All sinners must believe in Christ to receive justification. Justification brings the believer into a relationship of peace and approval with God.
• We Believe In Baptism And The Lord’s Supper (Communion)—Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience. Baptism is the picture of the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior. Baptism is a picture of the believer’s death to sin, the burial of the old life, and the resurrection to walk in a new life in Christ Jesus. Baptism shows the believer’s faith in the final resurrection of the dead. The Lord’s Supper is a picture of obedience. Church members eat the bread and drink the fruit of the vine. They remember the death of the Redeemer. They look forward to His second coming.
• We Believe In The Virgin Birth—The virgin birth of Christ teaches clearly and unforgettably that it is God, not man, who brings salvation to the world. The miraculous birth paves the way to the sacrificial death.
Principles We Promote And Practice
• We Promote And Practice Lordship Of Christ In Living—For Jesus to be Lord of your life means that He is the ruler, the boss, the master of your whole life. He cannot be Lord of a part – He must be given control of the entire life – the whole life.
• We Promote And Practice Energetic Evangelism—Share Jesus NOW!
• We Promote And Practice Prayer—Prayer is not a mysterious practice reserved only for clergy and the religiously devout. Prayer is simply communicating with God—listening and talking to him.
• We Promote And Practice Serious Search Of The Scripture—Jesus exhorts us to search the Scriptures [John 5:39]. We are to be obsessed with a desire to understand it. This passionate concern is never to become incidental or secondary. It should be a priority in the Christian life, an activity around which our existence revolves.
• We Promote And Practice Sharing Of Substance—Lending a helping hand is the single easiest thing you’ll ever do in life that can make a difference and have a momentous impact.